NPR News app for iPhone and iPad
9680 ratings )
Current version: 3.9.15
, last update: 1 year ago
First release : 15 Aug 2009
App size: 42.3 Mb
One of Apples Favorite "Great Free iPhone Apps"
The ultimate NPR experience for your iPhone or iPod Touch. Follow local and national news and listen to your favorite NPR stations wherever you are and whenever you want to.
With the NPR News iPhone app, NPR is always on.
- Listen to NPR’s hourly news updates
- Create a playlist of stories
- Hear public radio podcasts on demand
- Read stories while listening to live stations or on demand audio
- Bookmark your favorite stations
- Find stations by location (GPS) or zip code
- Our program guide tells you where your favorite programs are playing live now
- Listen to Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Planet Money, Fresh Air, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! and more – anytime, anywhere
Thank you, as always, for supporting public radio.
Pros and cons of NPR News app for iPhone and iPad
NPR News app good for
If youre on the go, this app is all you need. Clear and concise information even more so than the mobile website. A wi-fi connection for an optimal radio connection, 3G doesnt cut it.
I love this app which I listen to every morning first thing after I wake up.
Fantastic app! Tasteful layout, easy to navigate, and glitch-free. A "must have" app...particularly handy for those living abroad.
Awesome to be able to listen to WKAR East Lansing 90.5 here in Paris in such style with this clean cut application.
Hearing news reports from Mass. here in Grenoble or when on the road in Europe is TOP. Great app for everyone!!
As written in the title: its a really good app, it has all you need : podcasts, live shows, etc.
Its a must have for all NPR fans, and definitely necessary when you are in France !
Some bad moments
The app is good but noway to get the live when You can on the NPRs website
I love this app, but NPR BERLIN in Germany is not included in the listing, which has been on air since April 2006 already!!! WHEN will it be added???
Mostly works, but has major problems and flaws:
• Playlists repeatedly hang between items, requiring a manual advance to each new story.
• For some reason, "Add to playlist" when browsing stories adds to the START of your playlist. So you wont hear the stories youve added until you restart the playlist, and then you hear them in reverse order. Yes you can edit playlist order manually, but still.
• No way to filter news stories by audio content. The majority of stories listed on the main news pages have NO audio, which makes it useless for creating playlists. To get audio stories more than a half day old, you have to browse into individual news programs.
Great as Npr is. But crashes over and over randomly while listening to recorded shows (fresh air with Christoph Waltz on Django Unchained for example).
NPR News; however, the app crashes far too often, which is quite frustrating.
Hands down the buggiest app on my iPod. Depending on my (bad) luck, the app crashes half a dozen times listening to a single short program. I cant think of a single legitimate reason for something as commonplace as playing an audio stream resulting in so many crashes. Effectively makes the app entirely unusable. theres really no excuse for this level of poor quality.
npr radio news,
public radio player,
public radio app,
and other. So, download free NPR News .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually NPR News iOS app used & searched for